Thirty and a HALF & Thriving
Back in May I wrote a blog post on my goals. I got a little candid on how something snapped when I turned thirty (back in February); I figured it was time for an update. We’re at my half year mark (February + 6 months = August) and it’d be nice to let you in on what’s been going on.
If you follow me on Instagram you’ve noticed I’ve probably shifted a lot more towards my personal account. There are three reasons why I did this: 1) Instagram’s business profile algorithms stink and 2) I have personal things to look back on that remind me of how far I’ve come in the past year. The third and most important reason is: I was too afraid to let people in my life and show myself. I always wanted to filter what I was doing and show the highlight reels, well ever since I’ve opened up, I’ve realized so many people have gone through the same things I have. Talking about things has allowed me to establish relationships with people I probably wouldn’t have talked to before.
So here’s an update on all those 2018 Goals I wrote down back in February in my journal and that I blogged about in May that you can see HERE.
2018 Goals: Updated
– I am currently working on Salvage Snob’s rebranding and website, again. Every two years we go through the process of shooting her entire inventory and building her website from scratch. This project and Yvette (the face behind Salvage Snob) has definitely helped me see that this is the direction I want to take the business in 2019. I’ll update you all on this in a few weeks.
– I have definitely built and established those new friendships I had been praying for, for so long. After joining a small group at Christ Fellowship, although I attend Vous on Sundays, I rekindled friendships with girls I had lost touch with and help me in my walk with God. Through Social Media and Instastories, I have also found a great group of girl photographers (Erica Melissa and Erika Delgado I’m looking at you) that uplift people through their posts and inspire me to become a better person, photographer and creative.
– Yes, I am still reading! I’ve finished a few more books since my post in May. They have all been amazing and inspiring, so scroll down to find the list of the ones I have finished since then, and the ones that are currently on my night table waiting to be read. I still read my Bible every day as well, we’re actually doing an 8 week Romans Journal with Vous, that has kept me in check and taught me how to SOAP (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer). My photografriend Paul Awesome aka Paul Thomas, also has me on this: “Same 3 chapters for 30 days Challenge” we started in June on the book of John and that has definitely allowed me to understand the Bible so much better and kept me disciplined.
– I’m still working on my comfort zone – THIS is my biggest challenge. I’m a control freak, what can I say? BUT, I got invited to go on a Missions Trip to Peru with the Missions Me organization as a Media Professional to document it all, so if you’d like to help with the funds anything helps! Here’s the LINK to that!
– Bridal Brunch Party is still in the works, hopefully for 2019. But I have been able to meet a lot of my brides’ babies lately and they are so stinkin cute!
– The BIGGEST thing and the one I’m most excited about – I was admitted back into FIU after a LONG hiatus. Currently, I’m doing school fully online and starting my Senior Year in the next few weeks. I just finished 3 six-week classes this Summer and while it kicked my butt I absolutely loved the challenge and enjoyed it so much, I ended up getting straight A’s and making the Dean’s List. I plan on graduating in Spring 2019 with a major in Interdisciplinary Studies in Advertising and Marketing and jumping straight into getting my masters.
2018 Books: Updated
Here’s the updated list of the Books I’ve read and that are waiting to be read
+ Currently reading: Without Rival by Lisa Bevere